Grass-Roots Pedal Advocacy
Bike-Friendly Kingston is an association of individuals who share a common goal: to make Kingston a safer, more bike-able city. We meet monthly to pursue a range of activities, including advocating for better bicycle infrastructure and policies and educating Kingston residents about the benefits of safe and responsible bicycling. Our goal is to make Kingston the best place to ride a bike in the Hudson Valley!
We promote local bicycle events and bicycling encouragement days such as Bike to Work, Bike to School Day, the Annual Feast on Wheels dinner and more.
We meet in real life on the 3rd Friday of the month at Noon at The YMCA and the fourth thursday at 6pm at The Anchor restaurant. Please come out and join us. To stay updated on our meeting times, events, and efforts, join our mailing list.
The final recommendations for consideration by the City include the following components:
- Traffic signal integration throughout the corridor;
- Pedestrian improvements and turning restrictions at key intersections where high incidence of accidents or use was found;
- Creating additional public space and safety improvements through roadway and intersection realignment;
- Additional landscaping throughout the corridor; and
- Phased separated bike lane improvements beginning in the western portion of the corridor (Phase I) with implementation on the eastern portion (Phase II) only after the Kingston School District finishes key components of their capital project and the parking concerns of the businesses in this section can be addressed by the City.
Do you like to ride? Whether its on the trail, the road or just cruising about town - we'd love to hear from you.
Sign up for upcoming events, or get involved and help make Kingston a more bike friendly town!